Re: Rename lpreview_body to bzr-lp-dev?

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 9:23 AM, Aaron Bentley <aaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 11-10-12 03:39 PM, Robert Collins wrote:
>>> lp-link-bug just links a branch to a bug.  It's nothing specific
>>> to developing Launchpad, so I'm going to propose adding the
>>> functionality to Bazaar's Launchpad plugin.
>>
>> I think that should perhaps be in lp;lptools.
>
> Could you explain why it should be there instead of in the Launchpad
> plugin?  AFAICT, lptools isn't even a Bazaar plugin.

I had assumed it was something that is useful even if you didn't have
the branch right in front of you.

>>> Instead of breaking it out into a separate plugin, I propose
>>> broadening the mandate of lpreview_body to providing tools for
>>> developing Launchpad, and renaming it appropriately.  It would be
>>> a companion to lp-dev-utils.
>>
>> What about putting it in lp-dev-utils? A companion would be fine
>> too from my perspective.
>
> It would be weird to have a package be both a Bazaar plugin and a
> collection of scripts, don't you think?

Not really - a bazaar plugin is just a specially named python
package/module, and lp-dev-utils almost certainly needs to grow at
least one python package/module for code sanity (if it doesn't have
one already; I haven't checked).

-Rob