Restarting the package importer

As part of the release process on Thursday, I stopped the package
importer on jubany. In order to restart it, James Westby told me we
needed to wait for the branch-distro script to finish running.

However, that script resulted in an error, which William Grant thought
needed handling by the Bazaar team. No one seems to be able to tell me
what, if anything, needs fixing, and the log from the script isn't
informative either.

There are a number of warnings complaining about the stacking of the
new and/or old branch, in the form:

2011-10-14 11:14:55 DEBUG   Checking
~ubuntu-branches/ubuntu/oneiric/etckeeper/oneiric
2011-10-14 11:14:55 WARNING New branch at
lp-internal:///~ubuntu-branches/ubuntu/precise/etckeeper/precise is
stacked on /+branch-id/461905, should be unstacked.
2011-10-14 11:14:55 WARNING Old branch at
lp-internal:///~ubuntu-branches/ubuntu/oneiric/etckeeper/oneiric is
not stacked, should be stacked on
/~ubuntu-branches/ubuntu/precise/etckeeper/precise
2011-10-14 11:14:55 WARNING Repository at
lp-internal:///~ubuntu-branches/ubuntu/oneiric/etckeeper/oneiric has
71 revisions.

Then the log ends abruptly without further details at:

2011-10-14 11:57:12 DEBUG   Checking
~ubuntu-branches/ubuntu/oneiric/libskinlf-java/oneiric
2011-10-14 11:57:12 ERROR   Check failed

Colin Watson also ran into an issue with syncpackage, but assures me
that's completely unrelated, and is now fixed.

So, I guess what I need to know is:

* Did all the packages that branch-distro needed to touch get touched?
* Are the hundred or so stacking warnings something that needs acting on?
* Who should I be asking? Launchpad tells me Bazaar and Bazaar tells
me Launchpad.
* Is there any reason the package importer shouldn't be restarted?

Martin

Follow ups