Hiding or disabling non-available actions

Hi Huw,

As part of the disclosure project, we are removing support for
multi-tenancy in bugs when privacy is involved. Simply put, if a bug is
private, there can only be one bug task.

That means that the 'Also affects...' actions shouldn't be available to
the users.

Ian has a branch that does just this: hide these actions when the bug is
private:
https://code.launchpad.net/~wallyworld/launchpad/one-bugtask-for-private-bugs-878605/+merge/79918

There are a lot of places in Launchpad where we do this (menus for one).
But it has been argued in the past that this is a source of confusion
for users. "Where are these buttons gone?" and that we should instead
keep the actions on that page disabled and for bonus points with an easy
way to understand why the actions are disabled (tooltip, little icon,
any other suggestion,)

I'm asking for a definitive opinion on this matter from you :-)

Cheers

--
Francis J. Lacoste
francis.lacoste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx