Re: LESS CSS

[...]
> LESS can be compiled server side or rendered client side by a JS file
> that is included on the HTML page. As we already have a compile step it
> should be straight forward to include LESS in that process.
>
> Personally I am in favour of using LESS. I have used it on some personal
> projects and found it very helpful. Repetition of code is one of CSS's
> big issues and LESS helping you define things once.

+1. Having variables, class inheritance etc. in css is clearly a first
step toward dealing with css declarations in a more consistent way
compared to what we do now.  Refactoring the existing css files to use
LESS will require a substantial amount of work but I suppose we can do
that incrementally.

Like you say, we already have a compile step so doing for css files what
we already do for js files should be pretty straight forward.

Also, the code of LESS itself seems to be well structured, well tested,
with a clean build process and rather readable so it won't be a
nightmare to produce bugfixes/improvements should we need to do that.

Thanks for putting this forward Huw.

R.