Re: CSS structure

On 11-11-11 07:48 AM, Deryck Hodge wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 12:25 AM, Huw Wilkins <huw.wilkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Here is my proposal for how we should structure our CSS. I'm sure I have
>> missed things or structured things poorly so for my sanity it would be good
>> to get some feedback. Once that's done I plan to add this to the wiki with
>> some examples. I will probably find a bunch of missing info once I actually
>> start doing the work, but this is a start.
>>

> Hi, Huw.
>
> I quite like the proposed rules and structure.  +1 from me.
>
> Just a question for clarification...  we have lots of little bits of
> css living in "assets" directory in each individual yui widget
> directory.  Will we maintain this?  Is that part of what you meant by
> "components" in your guide?  Or are you seeing this css moved out to a
> central css directory and organized by widget?

I have a similar question. The overall proposed organisation if we were
a pure-content site. But I'd like to have clarifications on how this CSS
is going to interact with YUI.

Are we dropping the YUI CSS stylesheets?
What about all the CSS class auto-generated by YUI widgets? How is this
going to be maintained and how are the YUI conventions are going to fit
into ours?

http://yuilibrary.com/yui/docs/widget/#CSS

Thanks for moving this forward Huw.

--