Re: Bug list ordering

On 11/14/2011 10:49 PM, Huw Wilkins wrote:
> The question is, do we retain bug heat as the default order or is there
> something better? The options are:
>  - Bug number (in practice this is essentially the same thing as bug age)
>  - Title (alphabetised list of bugs)
>  - Importance (good for showing bugs that often should be worked on first)
>  - Status (good for showing bugs that are new or need triaging,
> depending on which status we listed first)
>  - Bug heat (good for showing bugs that have recent activity or whatever
> it is that bug heat actually signifies)

I want to drop bug heat as it is *presented* now. It is misinformative.

As a member of ~launchpad when I visit
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad>, I see 3 community driven bugs
and 7 private bugs. When a member of the community looks at the list, 10
community bugs are shown. One might ask why isn't ~launchpad working on
the ten hottest bugs? We well are, but the bug heat listing cannot show
that. All projects could be working on the hottest bugs reported in Lp,
and we do not know that.

--
Curtis Hovey
http://launchpad.net/~sinzui