Re: Notifications in Launchpad

On 15 November 2011 16:54, Huw Wilkins <huw.wilkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Launchpad,
>
> The bug subscription work has been fantastic and has fixed inbox overload
> for a lot of us. However we still farm out the whole concept of
> notifications to email instead of dealing with it ourselves.
>
> If we want to think about introducing dashboards in the future we need to
> have notifications in Launchpad. If we don't have these notifications in
> Launchpad we will be in a situation where some of the things we need to deal
> with are in Launchpad dashboards and some are in our email clients.
>
> And yes, if you wish, what I'm talking about gives you the option of getting
> zero emails from Launchpad.

yes please

> Excluding mailing lists, here are what I think are the three types of email
> that Launchpad sends you:
> 1. Mail that requires me to make an action (a merge proposal has been
> created with me as a reviewer or a bug has been assigned to me).
> 2. Mail for an action that I want to know about and on which I might want to
> make a follow up action (a bug I'm subscribed to was commented on or a merge
> proposal was created in a project I'm a reviewer for).
> 3. Mail for an action that I would like to know about, but I'm not likely to
> take any action (a bug had a tag added or a had a status change).

also:
 * mail about administering your lp account, eg confirming a new
address (or maybe that's in canonical-sso)
 * rejections of mail you sent (eg because it could not be authenticated)
 * mail about errors inside lp asynchronous processing or incoming
mail (eg diff failed to generate); this could be lumped under "i might
like to know about" but it's perhaps semantically different

--
Martin