Re: capturing backtraces on every 'expensive' operation

On 16 November 2011 11:23, Robert Collins <robert.collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So, I'd like to capture a backtrace whenever we make a SQL query or
> HTTP service call.

+1

> Idea 1: Backtrace on the first 50 queries. There should be some
> repetition in there, and after that stop getting backtraces.

-0.1: bug pages do ~80 queries and the most interesting or expensive
one could easily be towards the end of that.

I suppose you could control this by a flag and then it could possibly
be turned off on pages where it causes real problems.  Though, that
may cause some bootstrapping problems in capturing tracebacks early in
the request.

Perhaps it should just be on globally and then pages that suffer could
have their timeout temporarily increased.