Re: Karma means action

> This is where I might take the thread into discussion: do we still
> want a short-hand way to show someone's standing? I don't mean a score
> but rather something that has direct meaning:
>
>  * "Curtis closes ten bugs a day"
>  * or "Curtis is Launchpad's top bug closer"
>  * or "Curtis closed more bugs this week than anyone else".
>
> So, it helps show someone's standing but it's in context; it's
> somewhat more useful than a karma score but it's also pretty easy to
> digest.

I feel like it would be better to get all the raw data captured and
available in some form, and then do the shorthand description as
something secondary.  If the summary is not good then people can make
their own judgements, perhaps they can build their own api tools on
it, and being able to see the raw data will help us refine our idea of
how it should be digested.

> We could take further but I'd like to understand better what benefit
> we'd get from that sort of thing.
>
> Of course, you've suggested something similar in the past.
>
> I'll buy a beer in Budapest (I know, a whole 40p) for the person that
> lands a branch that:
>
>  * replaces the "Karma:" heading on the person page with a link that
> reads "View $person's recent activity"
>  * kills the display of the karma score directly beneath and the
> associated help link
>  * on +karma removes the references to karma, the karma table and the
> karma score and makes it look like a recent activity list.

+1L beer

--
Martin