Re: "thanks" microservice

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 11:51 PM, Martin Pool <mbp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> There is a button ("thanks" or thumbs up) on various objects for which
> someone might express appreciation: ppas, products, bugs, bug
> comments, mp comments, etc.

I think that it would be better to think of it as saying thanks for
particular events, rather than on particular objects. I'm not sure I'd
ever want to say thanks for a bug, but I'd like to say thanks for
filing a bug.

As a case in point, a generic "Thank you" button on an MP would be
unclear. Does that thank the submitter? one of the reviewers? the
branch author?

Perhaps this distinction would not matter in the implementation.

jml