testfix mode in progress, and other related excitement

Hi all. I don't know what is up with buildbot, but we have around two issues and one mystery. I'm trying to get them sorted out, directly or indirectly.

1) Buildbot is about to fail with a memcached error. This is an instance of https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/729062 . I have asked thedac to kill memcached and then force a new build. This will get us out of testfix.

2) Benji and Francesco report that they reliably get this error in devel trunk locally and on ec2: http://paste.ubuntu.com/763881/ . A possible cause is that ec2 and local instances have a newer version of the launchpad developer dependencies than buildbot. I'm asking webops (thedac) to get the currently installed versions of these dependencies, and then I've asked benji to revert his local packages to those revisions to see if the error goes away.

3) (a mystery, rather than a problem) The history on the buildbot master seems to have been eaten. According to the buildbot waterfall, the currently running devel test jumps from r14367 to r14455, representing a jump from 11-23 to 12-08. That implies that we lost some information on the build master, though thedac didn't see a comment to that effect in the webops logs. It's no big deal AFAIK, but it is a bit of a surprise when you start looking at the current buildbot state.

Gary

Follow ups