Re: testfix mode in progress, and other related excitement

On 12/08/2011 01:27 PM, Francis J. Lacoste wrote:
On 11-12-08 12:48 PM, Gary Poster wrote:
Hi all.  I don't know what is up with buildbot, but we have around two
issues and one mystery.  I'm trying to get them sorted out, directly or
indirectly.

1) Buildbot is about to fail with a memcached error.  This is an
instance of https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/729062 .  I have
asked thedac to kill memcached and then force a new build.  This will
get us out of testfix.
He should probably kill it in both environment (db_lp, lp) as both
builders failed with the same failure.

And the latest build failed early with a BzrException.

https://lpbuildbot.canonical.com/builders/lucid_lp/builds/1634/steps/bzr/logs/err.html

OK, we should be out of testfix, thanks to thedac. Thankfully, the bzr exception did not happen again.

2) Benji and Francesco report that they reliably get this error in devel
trunk locally and on ec2: http://paste.ubuntu.com/763881/ .  A possible
cause is that ec2 and local instances have a newer version of the
launchpad developer dependencies than buildbot.  I'm asking webops
(thedac) to get the currently installed versions of these dependencies,
and then I've asked benji to revert his local packages to those
revisions to see if the error goes away.
That looks like bug #779367
https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/779367

In particular comment 3 from Martin, yes.  Thanks for the pointer.

From what I hear, this happens repeatedly for Benji. I'll see if we can get bigjools to take a look.

3) (a mystery, rather than a problem) The history on the buildbot master
seems to have been eaten.  According to the buildbot waterfall, the
currently running devel test jumps from r14367 to r14455, representing a
jump from 11-23 to 12-08.  That implies that we lost some information on
the build master, though thedac didn't see a comment to that effect in
the webops logs.  It's no big deal AFAIK, but it is a bit of a surprise
when you start looking at the current buildbot state.

To be clear, I'm not worrying about this.

Gary

Gary