Re: SOA object ids

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 5:18 AM, Jonathan Lange <jml@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> How would this work with other projects in the Canonical data centre
> that wanted to talk to a Launchpad service? Would there have to be a
> registry of service names? What about teams that have different kinds
> of instances?

Services that are not -part- of LP should be using LP's public API,
for which this is (currently) unrelated.

But yes, we need a (small) registry of service names. Teams with
different sorts of instances? Like -demoN I guess? ... the requirement
is uniqueness, and you can just say 'the service component will be
unique and we don't need an instance component at all'; the use of an
instance component is just ease of use when constructing ids, because
we know LP has 3 persistent instances that need to be disambiguated.

-Rob