The lp apocalypse is realised

Ladies and gentlemen, hackers and users, rocket scientists.

Messieurs Grant and Hovey are proud to announce that all the Launchpad
code that interests you resides in lib/lp. lib/canonical is remains to
support a few external needs.

We can remove the lib/canonical/config shim after we deploy an update
the lp-production-configs to use the lib/lp/services/config.

We can choose to remove lib/canonical/launchpad. Static page assets are
served by the proxy. We need to register the new locations before we can
move the pages and images. We do not need to. The images are owned by
Canonical; they are not under the same license of the code. The location
of lib/canonical/launchpad is an accurate description of the brand that
is separate from the code.

There are a few modules in lp and lp.services that contain cruft from
the proprietary age. I think they will be easier to dismantle now that
we have a directory structure that reveals the purposes and features
that packages and modules provide.

Some circular import hacks were removed during the last phase of the
apocalypse. You may find that you can remove those that you find in the
code.

--
Curtis Hovey
http://launchpad.net/~sinzui