Re: thunder epic project, remove mochikit/yui2

On 01/06/2012 10:21 AM, Richard Harding wrote:
> I've actually got help landing today hopefully. I kept the iframes loading
> because of the required changes to the way the help is defined and works
> for non JS users. I'd love to move it to a full ajax overlay though
> and that would appreciate help on that side.

Really? I am cannot recall how help will work with javascript disabled.
/me checks
Oh that is embarrassing. Yes it I can use the link without JS, but
not help anyone.

I think we needs to talk about graceful degradation again. We made
features in 2011 that are only available via JS. The only users I think
we agreed do not need JS to use Lp are those that are reporting bugs,
asking questions, or commenting on either of them. These features do no
use help.

No user has reported a bug about how bad help is without JS, so I think
it is safe to use YUI.

BTW, I has several pre-implementation calls about the development of
help. This was before YUI. I urged XHR and inline rendering because of
iframe enters into cross-domain scripting issues. Iframe was used and we
had many critical issues regarding this as well as bogus reports on
insecure content. It also breaks login on some small displays where the
iframe is sitting over the login link.

> https://code.launchpad.net/~rharding/launchpad/port_inlinehelp_907443/+merge/87384

Rock!

--