Finishing YUI combo loader TODO

Hi, Rick, Steve, Ian (and lp devs),

I've put together what I think is a complete TODO for finishing the
YUI combo loader work we started in Budapest.  I'll add it inline
below and would love to have additions, comments, clarifications, etc.
to the outline.  However, I want to make point 1 in the TODO clear --

We need to land the current branch ASAP.  The feature flag protects
us.  As long as the current launchpad.js file builds and works, we can
safely land this.  This will keep diff size from getting any worse as
we check off the remaining TODO items.  In other words, land what we
have now and we can work in smaller branches, rather than a huge
coordinated branch.

So anything stopping us from landing this when Steve and Ian are online?

Now as for my TODO....

=====================
YUI Combo Loader TODO
=====================

1. Land behind feature flag

We need to land ASAP to minimize diff against ongoing changes.  There
should not be anything preventing us from doing this now.  Without
flag enabled, current launchpad.js builds and runs fine.

2. General JS bugs

 * sortable.js doesn't handle 'A moment ago' date correctly

3. Get combo loader working locally for dev

 * Make packaging branch a group owned branch
 * Clean up minifying-js story (no duplicate files)
 * convoy packaged in launchpad dependencies
 * mod_wsgi packaged in launchpad dependencies
 * update rocketfuel-setup to write Apache configs
   (or share config with devs showhow)

I'm not sure about the particulars of this last one, since it's a
service dependency.  But the point remains, Apache configs have to be
updated somehow for devs.

4. Fix convoy itself

 * Walk directory paths (i.e. the fix to supply revno path in URL)
    -- keep +combo URL fragment (per wgrant)
 * Handle missing requires statement

5. Settle open issues about YUI tests

Couple options here:
 * Keep what we have now, update file paths to $LP/build/js files
 * Add option to use combo loader in tests to allow changing YUI
   version on the fly

6. Coordinate with webops to deploy convoy

Same sort of stuff as for dev deployment, but coordinated with webops.

7. Turn on loader for us and matsubara to hunt for remaining issues

Let me know what you think!  Cheers,
deryck

--
Deryck Hodge