Re: New Lucid postgresql-common package in Launchpad PPA is broken (?)

On 01/02/12 11:40, Gary Poster wrote:
> On 01/31/12 16:31, Stuart Bishop wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 12:52 AM, Gary
>> Poster<gary.poster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>>> Hi Stuart.  We were working today on our parallel testing project and
>>> ran
>>> into a problem that postgresql-common was not installing in Lucid,
>>> when it
>>> had been doing fine just last week.  It turned out that this only
>>> happened
>>> with the new package you uploaded to the Launchpad PPA. When we
>>> specified
>>> the standard Lucid version, it was fine.
>>
>> This was copied directly from pitti's backports
>> (https://launchpad.net/~pitti/+archive/postgresql). I have tested it
>> under Lucid, and it installed fine for me. 'cannot be authenticated'
>> means you don't have the signing key installed? I would have thought
>> it would get resigned with the Launchpad PPA key when I copied it into
>> the Launchpad PPA...
>
> Yeah, I'm not too worried about the authentication.  The diversion issue
> is the problematic one.  wgrant is investigating this though (and has
> fixed the precise issue I reported separately!)  Interestingly, he duped
> this diversion issue on Precise also.

It's the apparmor profile that was added to lxc-start on Friday. Try this:

 sudo ln -s /etc/apparmor.d/usr.bin.lxc-start /etc/apparmor.d/disable/
 sudo apparmor_parser -R /etc/apparmor.d/usr.bin.lxc-start

Then it should work.

I also found that the apparmor profile entirely breaks
lxc-start-ephemeral. I wonder if overlayfs is doesn't like it.

That should unbreak lucid. precise's dependency breakage is now sorted
out, but rabbitmq-server 2.6.1 fails to start with
rabbitmq-management-agent installed. For anyone affected, this should
work around it:

 sudo rm -r /usr/lib/erlang/lib/rabbit_management_agent

It will then use the .ez package instead, and start successfully.