Re: Update - running Launchpad tests on canonistack

On 03/02/12 19:38, William Grant wrote:

>> 1. test_generateConfig
>>
>> Failure due to running on oneric, extra line of text in output:
>> SHA512: fb8dc6eab7c520e.......
>>
>> Simply need to update the test for version > lucid
>
> As I mentioned earlier, this is due to the new version of
> apt-ftparchive. Historically we've just lived with this until the
> upgrade, or ellipsised the relevant section.

Yes. So we simply need to update the test when we want to run on precise.

>> 2. testLZMADebUpload
>>

> Install lzma. oneiric's dpkg no longer depends on it, as it's largely
> deprecated in favour of xz.

Ah, ok. Thanks. So we can cross this one off the list.

>> 3. TestMListSync failures
>>
>> All the same root cause - a Python / egg version incompatibility. Tests
>> run with Python 2.6
>
> Not sure about this one.

It works with Python 2.7, so it's simply a 2.6 issue. We need to be
running with 2.7 real soon now anyway so this will be a non issue as
soon as we decide to run with 2.7