Re: Update - running Launchpad tests on canonistack

On 02/03/12 11:19, Aaron Bentley wrote:

On 12-02-03 04:30 AM, Ian Booth wrote:
I've been doing a bit of investigation on running the Launchpad
test suite in a canonistack instance. Andrew Glen-Young has been
awesome in helping me get access to an instance to work with -
thanks.

lp.archivepublisher.tests.test_ftparchive.TestFTPArchive.test_generateConfig

lp.archiveuploader.tests.test_uploadprocessor.TestUploadProcessor.testLZMADebUpload
lp.services.mailman.tests.test_mlist_sync.TestMListSync.test_staging_sync

lp.services.mailman.tests.test_mlist_sync.TestMListSync.test_staging_sync_list_without_team
lp.services.mailman.tests.test_mlist_sync.TestMListSync.test_staging_sync_with_team_address

Total: 17029 tests, 5 failures, 0 errors in 210 minutes 43.985 seconds.

At last, I'm not the only one seeing these!  I've been meaning to look
into them, but it got back-burnered during the dynamic bug listings work.

I hacked together 3 scripts, based on snippets extracted from
various bits of our python stuff used to configure ec2:

rootsetup.sh (run as root) setup.sh databasesetup.sh

This sounds quite a lot like the scripts test farm uses to configure a
Launchpad instance.  Have you had a look at it?

bzr+ssh://bazaar.launchpad.net/~abentley/+junk/test-farm/

...and a bit like utilities/setuplxc and a bit like utilities/rocketfuel-setup and friends. And like ec2, as already mentioned.

:-/

I'm one of the responsible parties for two of those three, so I'm more guilty than most.

We were considering collapsing setuplxc and rocketfuel-setup at least (not that everyone would have to use lxc, but the duplicated bits between the two could be maintained together). I suspect that these two are more like Ian's current scripts than ec2, at least.

...ec2 seems more like what I'd like canonistack setup to reuse, though, myself. That's remote setup, while setuplxc and rocketfuel-setup are about local setup. ec2, or maybe what Aaron describes below.

Gary

The above are bash scripts - I find these easier to write and
debug rather than how our ec2 stuff is written by creating a
connection and shoving bash commands down the pipe to be executed.
I scp'ed these scripts to the blank instance and ran them. I could
have also used sftp.

You can also use cloud-init to perform the install.  Or juju, I imagine.

test-farm used clould-init to do post-init customization.  You can
just supply a script as --user-data-file to the euca-run-instances
command.

I wonder if we can reuse ec2-land more directly, though?

Aaron