Re: obsoleting sourcedeps

On Tue, 07 Feb 2012, Robert Collins wrote:

> I'm not sure what to do for mailman and moustache.js; for mailman I
> would like us to decouple it more thoroughly (so we can use the system
> mailman, for instance); for moustache.js I'd love input from our js
> afficionados about the standard practices 'out there'.

For mustache I think we'd be fine just removing it. Mustache has been moved
to a lp.mustache module to work with the combo loader. This required
wrapping the entirety of the sourcecode into a separate JS file. It's MIT
licensed and the maintenance of that is completely on us. If we hit bugs
or need to update, then the YUI module file has to be manually
touched/updated anyway.

I can work on a branch to move the mustache yui module into the
lib/lp/app/javascript directory with the rest of our library like items.

--

Rick Harding

Launchpad Developer
https://launchpad.net/~rharding