Re: obsoleting sourcedeps

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 2:06 AM, Richard Harding
<rick.harding@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Feb 2012, Robert Collins wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure what to do for mailman and moustache.js; for mailman I
>> would like us to decouple it more thoroughly (so we can use the system
>> mailman, for instance); for moustache.js I'd love input from our js
>> afficionados about the standard practices 'out there'.
>
> For mustache I think we'd be fine just removing it. Mustache has been moved
> to a lp.mustache module to work with the combo loader. This required
> wrapping the entirety of the sourcecode into a separate JS file. It's MIT
> licensed and the maintenance of that is completely on us. If we hit bugs
> or need to update, then the YUI module file has to be manually
> touched/updated anyway.
>
> I can work on a branch to move the mustache yui module into the
> lib/lp/app/javascript directory with the rest of our library like items.

I've filed the promised bugs. Bug 1016338 is about mustache.js. I
wasn't clear from your reply whether you were saying:
 ' just remove it it is not actually used' or
 ' to remove it something simple needs to happen'.

Could you perhaps comment on the bug (or if it istrivial JFDI it?)

Thanks,
Rob