Re: proposed policy: maintenance costs

On 02/09/12 12:41, Robert Collins wrote:
On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 2:36 AM, Gary Poster<gary.poster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
On 02/06/12 17:31, Robert Collins wrote:

So - who would be happy (and who would not) with a LOC rule like the one
above?

Something I would like to keep/renew is Launchpad's attitude towards true
experimentation: we try something, we set an evaluation date and a success
metric, and then on the date we evaluate results and decide on our future
course.

In that vein, I think a LOC metric would be a great experiment.  It sounds
relatively cheap.  Let's agree that this is "just an experiment," set a
date, and try it.  Maybe we don't need much more discussion on this as a
proposal: save it for the experiment's evaluation.

When the evaluation comes, let's try to argue then. :-)

Gary

+1. Uhm, you took this off-list, was that deliberate?

Darn, no.  I wondered why no one replied :-P

If it was
accidental, feel free to forward my reply to the list (or just send to
the list yours, and I'll reply there :)).

I think LOC is a great experiment and lets us start -dead-cheap-.

Yes.