Re: idea: cheap tweak to karma to reduce blueprints imbalance

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 3:44 AM, Robert Collins
<robertc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> .... include blueprints and bugs in the same bucket for karma
> normalisation. (On the basis that blueprints aren't distinctly more
> valuable than bug reports to a project).
>
> I realise this ignores the bigger questions around karma, but it seems
> like a cheapish thing to me.

There is also a constant you can change to cap the rebalancing factor.
Just lower that value until it looks fair. Set it to 1 to turn off
rebalancing entirely.

We should probably stop rebalancing every day anyway - we now have
several years of data and usage patterns settling down, so the
rebalancing factors shouldn't be jumping around much. Just take todays
rebalancing factors, multiply the raw event scores by its category's
factor and turn off the rebalancing code. We could rebalance
occasionally if usage patterns change dramatically, but I don't think
daily rebalancing is helpful now.

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart.bishop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>