Re: mercurial imports (was: proposed policy: maintenance costs)

On Feb 15, 2012, at 11:39 AM, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:

>There are three things we can do with Mercurial imports:
>
>  * Rip them out completely
>  * Hide them behind a feature flag
>  * Mark them as beta
>
>I'd prefer either hiding them behind a feature flag or marking them as
>beta. This would make it possible to easily re-enable them later when bzr-hg
>is improved. The amount of hg-specific code in launchpad is fairly limited (a
>couple hundred lines of code, most in tests).

On a purely selfish level, I'd like to see hg imports improved in general,
since the CPython code is kept in hg.  Barring that for now, let's please not
rip them out entirely.  I'd like to at least keep the illusion that someday
they will get the necessary love.

Cheers,
-Barry