Re: Feature Request: Like/Dislike Buttons

FWIW:
 - we *cannot* use other sites APIs unless they permit us to copy and
serve the javascript ourselves (and it must be auditable to ensure it
doesn't load more on-the-fly). This means client side templates have
to be hosted by us amongst other things. This is a hard requirement
due to the Javascript security model, and won't be changing while we
store personal data || are involved in building packages which run as
root. (e.g. never).
 - I totally agree with Deryck that we should start with the core
symptoms and focus there, rather than on particular solutions other
platforms (solving other problems) have come up with. There is in fact
a bug on precisely this thing - that bugs get out of control :)
 - Our technical users love the ability to work with bugs via email,
so we probably want to preserve that (this speaks to the interactions
between voting / rating mechanisms, notifications and comments
submitted from eamil)

-Rob