Re: disabling longpoll

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 2:06 AM, Julian Edwards
<julian.edwards@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Friday 17 February 2012 12:34:22 Robert Collins wrote:
>
>> I think we should disable longpoll; its not finished, noone is working
>
>> on it, and it causes semi-regular confusion for folk in the LP team
>
>> when they cannot use code.launchpad.net.
>

>> Any objections? [I'm not proposing removing the code yet].
>

> Can you enumerate the "semi-regular confusion for folk in the LP team"
> please?

bug 906482 - the long poll code, when you have (say) 6 tabs open to
merge proposals, blocks all other requests to code.launchpad.net. This
confused wgrant earlier this week, Tim Penhey the week before (he was
still in ~launchpad so received the feature-flag).

Short of the 3 criticals, this is the most pressing use visible issue,
and when it bites, it costs: it results in a LP dev and a webops,
minimally, haring off and looking at haproxy etc.

-Rob