Re: disabling longpoll

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 11:34 PM, Robert Collins
<robertc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think we should disable longpoll; its not finished, noone is working
> on it, and it causes semi-regular confusion for folk in the LP team
> when they cannot use code.launchpad.net.
>
> Any objections? [I'm not proposing removing the code yet].

I have a mild objection. As a frequent user of the website, I would
really like to see this feature completed.

Also, on IRC, stub suggested that perhaps this could help me as an API
user, reducing my need to poll. If that were the case, then surely
that would lead to reduced load on Launchpad, perhaps leading to a
reduced maintenance cost.

jml