Re: Polls: where to go next

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 7:11 AM, Laura Czajkowski
<laura.czajkowski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> While I would love to see the option of hidden email addresses be removed as
> trust me it's not helpful when I need to contact people in teams, many
> people will object. There are many people nowadays who wish to remain hidden
> but still active in other areas where they can be found but do not want
> their email address disclosed, one such team that has a lot of members like
> this would be Ubuntu Women .

So, I'm not proposing we remove hiding your address. I'm proposing
that we explicitly state that *if they want voting rights* then *they
must be contactable by the voting system*.

This does imply that the vote coordinator can get their addresses out
of CIVS (regardless of how LP coordinates things, I'd expect that to
happen).

It does not imply that their team admin can find out their addresses
(but as team admins are probably the vote coordinators, they could
find that out).

We're not in a least-trust environment here, sadly. I think it would
take considerable engineering on *both* LP and CIVS to setup a
least-trust environment.

-Rob