Re: Polls: where to go next

On 20 February 2012 18:21, Robert Collins <robertc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 7:14 AM, Matthew Revell
> <matthew.revell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> That's pretty much the conclusion Francis and I just came to in a
>> hangout: I should go back to the community councils and say that we
>> believe the best option is that if you want to vote in the Ubuntu
>> community you have to agree to sharing your email address with the
>> team admins. Then, we have some space in queue, we escalate a bug to
>> allow team admins to d/l a list of email addresses.
>>
>> As this would be a change for all teams, it's something we should do a
>> little more research on; nothing heavy.
>
> Yes. I think the following is the key design points for me:
>  * low key
>  * allow team admins access to normally privileged email data
>  * audit when they request that data
>  * probably we want folk to be able to say 'I really am hidden' ->
> this means they cannot vote, *and that is ok*.

Thanks for this.

I wonder if "really hide me" will work with some of the Ubuntu team
charters. Right now, team membership gives you voting rights. If we
complicate that, they might have to introduce a new form of non-voting
membership. It might be more straightforward to say, "If you want to
be a member, you have to give your primary email address to the team
admins for the purposes of voting."

--
Matthew Revell
Launchpad Product Manager