Re: RFC: either remove 'Ubuntu CoC signing required' for PPA use, or enforce it consistently

On 12 February 2012 00:09, Robert Collins <robertc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> At the moment, we require the Ubuntu CoC to be signed to create and
> use a PPA as an individual. As a member of a team, there is no such
> requirement.
>
> (Note that private PPAs w/commercial entitlements are arguably
> different, so I'm not talking about them at all here).
>
> I believe jml has in the past said that the CoC requirement wasn't all
> that useful - it occurs to me that we can make LP PPA's easier to get
> going with if we drop it entirely; if we are not willing to do that,
> then I think we really have to fix the use-via-team hole, or we'll be
> tangling ourselves up in knots to justify keeping this
> partial-enforced rule.
>
> Any strong objections or concerns any which way?

Laura took this to the most recent Community Council meeting on our behalf.

The CC, and specifically Mark, require that we continue to insist on a
signed CoC should remain a requirement for having a PPA, so we need to
fix the team hole. The reasons are explained in the log of the meeting
[1].

I don't see a bug report about this. Is there one?

1. http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2012/02/16/%23ubuntu-meeting.html (search
for "#topic PPA and CoC").

--
Matthew Revell