Re: server side rendering, client side rendering, forms, oh my.

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 3:44 PM, Robert Collins
<robertc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 3:06 AM, curtis Hovey
> <curtis.hovey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Lp engineers and/or YUI do not appear to work well with IE 7, 8, 9. How
>> do you propose IE works when JavaScript does not. I really do not have
>> Windows on any of my computers.
>
> I nabbed Curtis for a quick chat on this to get some insight. He says
> the key issue is access to Windows to analyze the cause. Once access
> is available determining the fault is pretty easy.
>
> Amazon EC2 has AMIs running windows which anyone can spin up to
> reproduce and analyze a problem, without having to have a local
> windows machine. All you need is the EC2 web console + tsclient and
> you can be away laughing in minutes.

Just to be clear, YUI support for IE is quite good. Usually, the error
causing IE issues is in raw JavaScript outside YUI's API. I can't tell
you the number of dangling comma errors I've seen, but lint helps us
catch those now at least.

Also, I agree, if a developer has access to IE, it's pretty easy to
work out what these errors are about.

Cheers,
deryck

--