Re: Launchpad on Precise

On Sun, 11 Mar 2012, Julian Edwards wrote:

> On Friday 09 Mar 2012 08:13:58 Deryck Hodge wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 1:05 AM, Martin Pool <mbp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > Let's talk on the bug or on irc.

> > > I tried to copy sources and that failed; copying binaries did work.
> >
> > Thanks for weighing in here guys. Unfortunately, I think this bug you
> > guys are discussing is really unrelated to the core issue. I shouldn't
> > have included it in the paste, but I thought it might reveal something
> > I wasn't aware of.
> >
> > I think the real heart of the issue is here:

> >  launchpad-developer-dependencies : Depends:
> > launchpad-database-dependencies (= 0.106~precise1) but it is not going
> > to be installed
> >                                     Depends:
> > launchpad-messagequeue-dependencies (= 0.106~precise1) but it is not
> > going to be installed
> >                                     Depends: postgresql-doc-8.4 but it
> > is not installable
> >                                     Recommends: pyflakes but it is not
> > going to be installed
> >                                     Recommends: subunit but it is not
> > going to be installed
> >                                     Recommends: bzr-lpreview-body but
> > it is not going to be installed
> > E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
> >

> > It looks to me like launchpad-messagequeue-dependencies wants
> > postgresql-doc-8.4 which is not installable. I have no idea what "not
> > installable" means or how to fix it. I'm sorry to be so dumb about
> > packaging, but if anyone could help me sort this out and get me going
> > again, I'd be grateful.
>
> I mentioned this to wgrant last week - the actual problem is that our
> rabbitmq-management plugin needs an older version of rabbitmq-server which is
> not in the archive for precise any more.
>
>  rabbitmq-management : Depends: rabbitmq-server (< 2.6.2) but 2.7.1-0ubuntu1
> is to be installed
>
> Since wgrant made the plugin in the first place I was kinda hoping he'd do
> another ;)

What's the official suggestion to move past this. Force install the older
version? Is there a way to skip this?

I've manually installed the older pgsql-doc package, but the deprecated
rabbitmq-plugins-common is causing me issues now. I've installed
rabbitmq-server, but that doesn't get around the management-agent dep for
the launchpad-messagequeue-dependencies.

--

Rick Harding

Launchpad Developer
https://launchpad.net/~rharding