Re: imperatives in bugs considered harmful - even for short lived workitems

On Friday 13 April 2012 09:26:02 Martin Pool wrote:
> I agree.  I think the important thing is that the bug clearly describe
> a testable assertion about the system and, if it's not obvious, the
> reason why the reporter thinks this is bad.
>
> For instance, scanning the criticals, 341927 "launchpad needs bounce
> handling of email" is perfectly clear and concise, and the description
> removes any doubt.  "Launchpad doesn't disable sending mail to
> destinations that bounce" wouldn't help anybody.

The key to this particular one being a successful bug report is that the
description describes *why* something is problem.  Where I get irritated with
bug reports is where they say something "should" happen but fail to explain
anything about why or give me any background.

I still think the title should summarise the problem though, it *really* helps
when scanning bug listings where I don't see the description.