RFC: trialing checkmarkable.com

Jono Lange is famed (well, I know him saying this :P) for saying that
every wiki page is a nascent web application.

I recently ran into a web app that automates the
management/editing/data capturing of checklists; it occurs to me that
most of our policies and processes are checklists [1]....

I suspect there may be significant benefits moving non-trivial
processes to be checkmarkable.com style checklists : I spoke with
Francis in my weekly catchup with him last week and he agreed that
this is possible - but we need more data, and we don't want to spend a
lot of effort getting it.

We agreed that doing a short trial - e.g. 2 months - with a couple of
core processes mirrored into checkmarkable would be a good way of
getting feedback and seeing whether it helps (or hinders) us.

https://checkmarkable.com/team/sthederj/checklist/354/worksheet/create
has a checklist for doing production deployments of LP - you may not
be able to see that until I or another 'admin' (such as Francis) share
it with you.

I need a second fairly core process to convert; we could have used the
CHR rotation stuff before Laura started, but I think something that is
done by more developers is good, to get more experience out.

While checkmarkable requires explicit sharing of checklists and the
related data, we haven't entered into any formal agreement at this
point, so please only put public data into it (e.g. bug numbers). URLs
that point into the Canonical wiki should be fine.

I don't have a way to mass-enlist everyone in the team just yet, so
please ping me or Francis for an invite.

I'm interested in any and all feedback on this - from whether its a
good idea, through to nitty gritty on UI etc. I will collate and feed
anything relevant to checkmarkable back to them.

-Rob

1: Which is fine - checklists are a great way to ensure that important
steps are remembered

Follow ups