Re: LEP: Improve our Launchpad setup scripts

On 05/21/2012 03:09 PM, Francesco Banconi wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've written a LEP draft about Launchpad setup scripts improvement.
> The Yellow squad, as you already know, is working on the parallel tests
> project, which uses https://launchpad.net/lpsetup as part of its process
> to create the required testing environment.
>
> We are improving lpsetup so that it can be used to set up Launchpad
> development instances, optionally inside LXC containers, and that's the
> reason of this LEP.
>
> If you are interested please glance at
> https://dev.launchpad.net/LEP/LaunchpadSetupScripts
>
> Any feedback and suggestions are appreciated.

Just to encourage feedback...

The reason we are asking for your attention is that we intend to hand
this back to the Launchpad team for maintenance, the same way
rocketfuel-* scripts (which we intend to replace/delete) are our shared
responsibility now.  We figured that wasn't fair unless we included
everyone earlier rather than later for an opportunity to participate in
goals and design.

Similarly, we'll also move the lpsetup code reviews into the standard
Launchpad dev group.

Gary