Re: LEP: Improve our Launchpad setup scripts

On 05/21/2012 02:09 PM, Francesco Banconi wrote:
Hi all,

I've written a LEP draft about Launchpad setup scripts improvement.
The Yellow squad, as you already know, is working on the parallel tests
project, which uses https://launchpad.net/lpsetup as part of its process
to create the required testing environment.

We are improving lpsetup so that it can be used to set up Launchpad
development instances, optionally inside LXC containers, and that's the
reason of this LEP.

If you are interested please glance at
https://dev.launchpad.net/LEP/LaunchpadSetupScripts

Any feedback and suggestions are appreciated.

Why is juju out-of-scope? A charm would give you multiple deployment options, including LXC, out-of-the-box and it would make deploying LP consistent with how we want to deploy other services now and in the future.

-tim.