Re: Common mistakes that broke Launchpad’s browser compatibility

On Tue, 22 May 2012, curtis Hovey wrote:

> Esteemed rocket scientists.
>
> I have written a summary of the common mistakes that broke Launchpad's
> compatibility with older and mediocre browsers. This article is long
> none-the-less. If you review Launchpad code, you really should
> understand the issues raised in this article.
>
> http://curtis.hovey.name/2012/05/22/common-mistakes-that-break-browser-compatibility/

Just want to say thanks! Some great info in there and really love that
some so much of that is cleaned up. It's awesome that going through and
supporting the older browsers can actually leave cleaner/better markup and
code behind.

I also can't help be emphasize, any time you add a 'hack' or work around to
make sure that the code there clearly documents why it was required so that
it's possible to go back and follow up on those down the road. Tools and
libraries advance and many of them no longer apply. It's near impossible to
guess what was wrong otherwise.

--

Rick Harding

Launchpad Developer