Re: Please be very lenient in your test timeouts--or don't write them!

On Jun 05, 2012, at 11:26 AM, Julian Edwards wrote:

>FWIW, Twisted has a fake clock that you can wind forwards/backwards at will
>which is really handy for this sort of thing.

I have a likely much more horrible version of something similar in Mailman 3.

http://tinyurl.com/76s46gb

It does require diligent coding, i.e. to use mailman.utils.datetime instead of
the built-in datetime, but it works quite well for all the various
date-related tests I've got (e.g. expiring pending requests after 3 days, or
only autoresponding once per day, etc.)

-Barry