Re: Maintainable UI modifications

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 8:42 AM, Curtis Hovey <curtis.hovey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Lp's markup and CSS is very inconsistent. Maybe we can fix the markup
> first so that there are fewer ways to make sections, tables, lists, and
> menus. This will fix bugs, reduce the CSS exceptions in the tree (and
> remove style.css). As this is bug fixing, it does not need to be behind
> a flag. I expect that removing exceptions in the markup and CSS will
> also give you a lines-of-code credit. Once the HTML is in place, you can
> work rapidly in the CSS behind a flag because you confidently know all
> the markup is consistent.

This would have been my suggestion, too. Fix the HTML first, so the
same markup will work for both the current version and the future
version. This doesn't need a feature flag. The two versions of CSS
could still have some overlap, but I expect that's easier to manage
than all the templates.

Cheers,
deryck

--