Re: Yellow Squad Weekly Retrospective Minutes: June 22

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 4:07 PM, Aaron Bentley <aaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 12-06-25 03:43 PM, Benji York wrote:
>> Ah!  I didn't know that once added changes to the README wouldn't
>> be ignored, so I thought the negative ignore was important.  Good
>> to know.
>
> Yes.  In fact, ignoring only affects UI, and only affects
> unversioned[1] files.  So essentially it controls the behaviour of
> "add" and "commit --strict" and the output of "status" and "ignored".
>
> [1] An "unversioned" file is one whose changes are not tracked by
> Bazaar.  "ignored" and "unknown" are sub-categories of "unversioned".

Thanks for the info.  So, negative ignores are useful when you want to
be sure you see a file listed as unknown when that file normally does
not exist and who's existence would otherwise be masked by the active
.bzrignore.  Right?

If so, that seems like a narrow use case.  But good bzr trivia.  Is
there a geek pub game company we can submit this to? ;)
--
Benji York