Re: Thoughts requested on implementation of bug #1016776 (-proposed NotAutomatic pre-release)

Hiya,

On Mon, Jul 02, 2012 at 01:10:10PM +1000, William Grant wrote:
> On 28/06/12 01:36, Iain Lane wrote:
> > Hi there,
> > […]
>
> There's already lots of other manual changes that have to be made around
> release. What's the problem with changing the flag too, given that
> nobody seems to be sure what the actual post-release behaviour should be
> anyway? Changing code is easy, but changing DB columns is much harder,
> so if the behaviour isn't set in stone we probably shouldn't codify it
> in the DB schema.

I was trying to avoid adding yet more manual steps, given that we can
codify the situations in which we want this change to be taking effect.

But I do (as I said) see the arguments for doing it the 'flexible' way.
It'll make the code change rather simpler too. Let's do that. I'll
update my MP accordingly.

Thanks,

--
Iain Lane                                  [ iain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ]