Re: Private Projects LEP

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 6:26 AM, Aaron Bentley <aaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 12-07-30 10:01 AM, Matthew Revell wrote:
>> https://dev.launchpad.net/LEP/PrivateProjects
>
>> An untrusted user cannot guess the name of a private project based
>> on the error message given when trying to register a new project
>> with the same name.
>
> How do we accomplish this?

One way would be to document that we blacklist names, and make the
error when a name is blacklisted identical to the error when the name
is already taken.

Another would be to have projects namespaced under their owners, which
is the approach github has taken, and that neatly resolves a bunch of
issues around namespace ownership - but raises as many as it solves
when you consider our goal around consolidating upstream communities -
bridging the gap.

-Rob