Re: Buildout download cache and egg directories.

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 6:22 AM, Robert Collins <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 2:24 AM, Benji York <benji.york@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> A recent python-pgbouncer merge proposal triggered a discussion about
>> whether or not we should continue to use a bit of configuration in the
>> Launchpad Team's non-Launchpad-itself projects.
>>
>> The MP comments are short and good, so please consider them included
>> here by reference:
>> https://code.launchpad.net/~benji/python-pgbouncer/buildout-fixes-and-tweaks/+merge/119188#conversation
>
> Here is my take....
>
> We have 20+ buildout using projects.
>
> - We should want a very high bar before we have different configs in
> each one: lets keep the cost of switching between projects low.

Assuming that the reasons given in the MP comments don't exceed the high
bar and...

> - All the 'product' projects - launchpad, txlongpoll, datedir2amqp etc
> - things with commands that are run - need to be installable by
> sysadmins without internet access

...given the history of not being able to find acceptable alternative
Internet access avoidance tactics, this proposal can not satisfy the
first two conditions, therefore the status quo stands.
--
Benji York