Launchpad development moved to git

As of the end of last week, Launchpad itself is now deployed from Git
(self-hosted on git.launchpad.net) rather than from Bazaar.

If you have a local Launchpad instance (perhaps for development or
testing), then you'll need to switch over to our Git repository to stay
up to date.  I've updated the installation instructions on
https://dev.launchpad.net/Running, or if you know what you're doing you
can clone https://git.launchpad.net/launchpad or
git+ssh://git.launchpad.net/launchpad and fine-tune it yourself.

If you have open merge proposals against Launchpad's old Bazaar branches
(which isn't the case for many people, but there are a few), then at
some point I'll be closing those and asking you to re-propose them using
Git.  To make this easier, William Grant has helpfully put together
https://code.launchpad.net/~canonical-launchpad-branches/launchpad/+git/bzr-personal
which has imports of all the active personal branches of Launchpad that
were on Launchpad at the point when we switched over; you can use those
as the starting points for updated merge proposals.  Let me know if you
need any help with that.

Colin Watson                                    [cjwatson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]