Test suite now starts up on Python 3

As of today's git master, the Launchpad test suite starts up and runs at
least a subset of tests on Python 3.  (This was a long slog in itself;
see
https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~cjwatson/blog/lp-python3-progress.html.)

To reproduce this yourself, assuming you already have a test setup as
described in https://dev.launchpad.net/Running/LXD, run "make
PYTHON=python3", after which you can try running tests as described in
https://dev.launchpad.net/Testing.  You'll need the latest
launchpad-developer-dependencies installed from
ppa:launchpad/ubuntu/ppa.  Don't expect too much as yet: even with the
rest of my unlanded patches we only get up to about 70% of the test
suite passing, so we still have quite a long way to go.  However,
getting to this milestone means that other developers will have a much
easier time contributing to the porting effort.

We don't have the latest launchpad-dependencies in our buildbot yet, but
once we get that upgraded I'll get buildbot workers set up so that we
can do test runs on Python 3 and see progress over time.

--
Colin Watson (he/him)                           [cjwatson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]