Long method call wrapping - can we standardise on one version?

Forwarding this to the new list...

At the moment, the PythonStyleGuide has the following to say about
wrapping long method calls:

> {{{#!python
>         my_thing = some_object.do_something_to(
>             the_first_argument, the_second_argument, the_third_argument,
>             the_fourth_argument, the fifth_argument)
> }}}
>
> or
>
> {{{#!python
>         my_thing = some_object.do_something_to(the_first_argument,
>                                                the_second_argument,
>                                                the_third_argument,
>                                                the_fourth_argument,
>                                                the fifth_argument)
> }}}
>
> The first example is preferred, but not required...

Can we standardise on this? I always insist on the first in my reviews
but it would be better, I think, to agree that only one or the other is
to be used rather than either being acceptible.

P.S. I'm sending this to both the lp.net list and the Canonical internal
one since not everyons gets mail from the former yet.

--
Graham Binns | PGP Key: EC66FA7D