Re: lp:~linaro-infrastructure/launchpad/notify-workitems-changes into lp:launchpad

Unfortunately, I don't think this actually fixes the bug. AIUI, the email notifications were not being sent because nothing emits an ObjectModifiedEvent(spec) after the spec's work items are changed (which is expected because there are no changes to the spec itself, only to things related to it) and your changes doesn't seem to cause that event to be fired either.  You have the notify(ObjectModifiedEvent(...)) call in your tests, but in production that event is not going to be fired anywhere since the Specification object itself is not changed.  My suggestion was to have updateWorkItems() fire the event, in the same way that Product._setLicenses() (which is very similar to our case in that it changes objects related to the Product but not the Product itself) does.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~linaro-infrastructure/launchpad/notify-workitems-changes/+merge/98231
Your team Launchpad code reviewers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~linaro-infrastructure/launchpad/notify-workitems-changes into lp:launchpad.