Re: [Merge] lp:~blr/launchpad/generate-access-token-script into lp:launchpad

> Is there a particular reason you went for putting this on the server side
> rather than the client side?  There's a script in lp:launchpadlib already
> (src/launchpadlib/bin/launchpad-request-token) which does part of this, and
> which could perhaps be extended to exchange it for an access token, albeit
> with a bit of help from a browser.  On general principles I'd prefer to avoid
> putting code in Launchpad itself if we can put it in some less central module
> instead, and there are other reasons why it would be convenient to have a tool
> installed with launchpadlib for generating tokens, so I'd like to see a
> convincing rationale why this can't be done as a client-side script.

The intention was to make integration of LP and a consumer as painless as possible for developers. I was aware of launchpad-request-token in launchpadlib, but wanted to both generate settings which could be copied directly (e.g. to local/setting.py in the case of SSO) and avoid browser interaction.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~blr/launchpad/generate-access-token-script/+merge/299086