launchpad-translations-coordinators team mailing list archive

Re: Launchpad Vietnamese Translators

Hi Nguyễn,

Thanks for emailing Mark about this: he forwarded this to me since I am
dealing with Launchpad Translations.  And I am CCing Launchpad
Translators coordinators so everybody takes notice.

У пет, 12. 06 2009. у 20:52 +0000, NGUYỄN Mạnh Hùng пише:

>         I've created a new Launchpad Vietnamese Translators team.
>         Please add it to the Launchpad Translators group.

I am really happy that you are interested in running a team for
Vietnamese.  As a word of caution, we do want these teams to have high
translation standards, and I am very happy to see that you have put a
lot of effort in providing pages like

  http://du-an-most.hanoilug.org/MostWiki/TrangCh%E1%BB%A7
  https://help.launchpad.net/Translations/Vietnamese

>         Language: Vietnamese (vi)
>         Team name: lp-l10n-vi

The only problem I see is that lp-l10n-vi is an open team: it means that
anybody can join and thus work on translations as a privileged
reviewer/translator.  This doesn't really provide enough control for
having high quality translations :)

Please set team membership to either Moderated or Restricted: I am still
marking it as Vietnamese LP translation team, but please don't forget to
do this (it's basically as if there's no team at all in that everybody
can come in and mess with your translations).

Also, it would be nice to set translation guidelines to the more
appropriate of above pages: they will show up on all translation pages
while people are translating.  You can do that using a small edit icon
on

  https://translations.launchpad.net/~lp-l10n-vi

Cheers,
Danilo