launchpad-translations-coordinators team mailing list archive

Re: New project 'qpdfview'

Al 06/06/12 12:12, En/na Adam Reichold ha escrit:
> Dear 'Launchpad Translators' team admins,
>
> I hope this is the correct way to announce a new project that needs help
> with its translations. (Or should this rather go to the team mailing
> list directly?)
>
> The project is called 'qpdfview' (i.e. https://launchpad.net/qpdfview)
> and is a simple tabbed PDF viewer using the Poppler library and the Qt
> toolkit. Work started in February and we are currently at the end of the
> development cycle for version 0.3 which is to be released when
> translation and documentation work and some bug-fixing/polishing is
> done. We already have some (partial) translations in place which are
> manually imported by converting from the gettext to the Qt format. The
> single template currently amounts to 105 strings.
>
> Any help in finishing those translations and creating new ones would be
> greatly appreciated. Equally, any advice on how to approach potential
> translators. Thanks.
>
> Best regards, Adam Reichold.
>
> P.S.: Is there some established policy of importing translation
> contributors in the CONTRIBUTORS file distributed with the source code?
> Currently, I try to add them deciding on whether to add an e-mail
> address based on the corresponding Launchpad setting.

Hi Adam,

Generally, the way to credit translators in applications that use
gettext is to add a string called 'translator-credits'. Launchpad
populates that string with the names of all translation contributors,
which you can then display in the about dialog of your app.

However, I'm not sure how it is done with Qt, and whether there is an
equivalent to 'translator-credits'.

Cheers,
David.